Village Neighborhood Association General Meeting: July04 May 2014, Posted by Past Calendar in
Thursday, July 10, 2014
7:30pm – 9:00pm
365 Second Street
(Between Monmouth & Brunswick Streets)
Enter through the far left door
Please join us for our last general meeting until September!
AGENDA & GUESTS
Developers of 375 Fifth Street (located between Newark and Brunswick) will be on hand to present their plans and hear comments regarding their proposed redevelopment for 375 Fifth Street.
The proposed project will be seeking zoning variances as currently proposed and this is your opportunity to have your opinions be heard (for or against) and to have your opinions considered in formulating the Village Neighborhood Association’s position to the Zoning Board on the proposed project.
The proposed plans include:
- A 5 story building totaling 56 feet in height
- 19 units – 17 One Bedrooms and 2 Studios
- Essentially 100% lot coverage side to side and front to back
- No parking
- Two roof decks
TRASH MOB UPDATE:
- On Saturday morning, June 28th, Village residents and volunteers combined Trash Mob forces to again strike against litter in the neighborhood. This time, we called in 57 “Hits” to clean up our community! We’ll be drawing this month’s winners during the meeting, and while you don’t have to be there to win, there are cookies.
- How does it work? (Click for full details)
- 1) Sweep your curb and sidewalk (and your neighbor’s space, to double your odds!)
- 2) E-mail the Trash Mob and tell us where your pile of litter is.
- 3) Win gift certificates from area merchants Union Republic, Pig & Pepper, Hound about Town, Hazel Baby and Kasa Buddha!
- That’s it – Sweep, E-mail and Win!
VILLAGE PARK UPDATE
- Find out the latest park developments
FALL FUNDRAISER UPDATE
- “The Village Festival” fundraiser set for October 4, 2014 will be discussed
Sign up for our email newsletter (form is to the right) to be notified of all future general meetings.