JCVillage | Village Neighborhood Association October Meeting4728
Village Neighborhood Association October Meeting
Thursday, October 22, 2015
7:30pm – 9:00pm
365 Second Street
(Between Monmouth & Brunswick Streets)
Enter through the far left door
- Beautification Committee Update:
- The newly formed V.I.P. (Village Improvement Project) is a community-led effort to bring beauty and pride to the Village. We’re looking for committee members who want to play an active role in the beautification of our neighborhood.
- Tree trimming around PS5
- Trash Mob update
- Village Park update
- Loading zone at 351 Second Street?
- Leah Guy, the owner of Modern Sage at 351 Second Street is requesting the city to place a loading zone in front of her business on Second Street. We will briefly discuss to gather community feedback.
BOARD OF EDUCATION ELECTIONS
- Rebecca Symes, Marilyn Roman, John Reichart, Vidya Gangadinwould are on hand to introduce themselves and encourage the VNA membership to vote on November 3rd.
- 375 Fifth Street
- Richard Garber, AIA will be on hand to present the latest design proposal for 375 Fifth Street.
- 98 Colgate Street
- Plans will be shared for the proposed construction of new (2) family, (4) story building in place of existing (2) family, (2) story building. Seeking variances for height, building and lot coverage and rear setback.
- 344 Fifth Street
- Plans will be shared for the proposed construction of new (1) family, (3) story building (with elevated first floor as required for flood regulations) in place of existing undersized (1) family, (3) story building. Seeking variances for ceiling height, building and lot coverage and rear setback.
- New R-E zoning language sneak peek
- The Division of Planning is releasing new zoning language to the VNA for comment. If approved by city council in November, this language will replace R1 zoning currently in place throughout the Village. This is your chance to review and provide feedback.