VNA MEETING: MONDAY SEPTEMBER 26TH AT MADAME CLAUDE CAFE22 Sep 2011, Posted by News in
VNA 2011-2012 “Season” Starts Monday!
Monday, September 26, 2011
Madame Claude Cafe
364 1/2 Fourth Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
On behalf of the The Village Neighborhood Association Board of Directors, I’d like to invite everyone to our first 2011-2012 meeting on Monday, September 26, 2011 at Madame Claude Cafe.
We were thrilled when Alice Troletto and her husband Mattias Gustafsson invited us to have our meeting in their restaurant. The restaurant will be closed to the public, so the VNA will be providing refreshments for our meeting.
To say the summer was quiet is truly an understatement. Hurricane Irene left many Village residents under water, while exposing city-wide problems with our infrastructure. Newark Avenue construction was often difficult to negotiate, and quality of life issues around student lunch hour unexpectedly resurfaced.
So what’s on our agenda for Monday?
- Ferris High School off-campus lunch privileges
- Board of Education President, Sterling Waterman will be our guest to discuss recent student violence.
- Village Park Funding
- HUGE developments regarding the grant funding for the Village Park, as well as major movement regarding the redevelopment of the adjacent building. And as an added bonus, learn the meaning and purpose of the temporary water lines recently installed all over First Street, and what it means for our park.
- Newark Avenue Redevelopment
- Construction is in full swing. What’s Next?
- 8th Annual Fourth Street Art and Music Festival
- 4th Street is gearing up for their October 1st festivities. See the lineup here. So please join The Village Neighborhood Association and attend yet another awesome street festival thrown by our friends from 4th Street. Lead honcho Mike McNamara will be on hand to share the details. Check out this post for some history on the VNA/4th Street connection.
- New Zoned Parking
- Areas of the Village to be rezoned for permit parking. What streets are slated for signs?